PROTON wants to give out cash and in order to get that cash, you need to VLOG about yourself and your PROTON vehicle. In a push of wanting to get more views online and to promote their vehicles, this would seem to be an interesting way but I was a little concerned that YouTube was the only medium instead of other social media channels such as TikTok. Anyway, if you want to earn some cash, go ahead and start creating VLOGs of yourself with your Proton but based on their mechanism shared below, it seems that if you already have a strong following on YouTube there is a higher chance of your getting more views and engagement.
Anyway, here are the contest mechanics below. Don’t forget to tag your videos with the hashtag #VLOGWITHPROTON.
Win cold hard CASH by making a creative short video of yourself + a PROTON car, and uploading your Vlog onto YouTube. Why should you join the contest?
- Each participant can submit more than 1 video via YouTube*
- Every month, 10 winners will be awarded to win cash (RM12,000 in total to be won each month).
- Based on the scoring system (engagement and viewership), the more Vlog content you upload onto YouTube, the higher chance you have to score more points.
- From now until 31 December 2021, this content is open to all Malaysians and residents of Malaysia.
- Vlog content must be based on the current lineup of Proton models (Saga / Iriz / Persona / X50 / X70)
- The final cutoff date to tabulate scoring to select the 10 monthly winners is by the last day of each month.
- All content must be tagged with #VLOGWITHPROTON in order to qualify.
- All participants are allowed to post more than 1 video in any given round (every month) as the points per participant can be accumulated.
- To join, upload the YouTube content link to (insert URL) and fill up your personal details in the contest Google form.
- Top 10 videos of the month with the highest score will win cash prizes.
- Winners will be announced by the 3rd week of the following month.
(*Each participant is allowed to upload more than one video onto YouTube but points for each video will only be tabulated within the calendar month it is uploaded. Each participant may only win once).
For those of you participating, best of luck!