Update: I added some more info on the specs of the new camera 🙂
In my last two posts there were a lot of hype about the Nikon D3x and I did manage to scour the internet for some good old rumours about the launch and perhaps leaked details. Now that the official leaked details are out and that it has been displayed on Nikon’s Pro magazine, I can’t help but look at myself and think that it doesn’t really matter that much to me.
Yes its great to have the extra megapixel count, and yes its expensive. Perhaps I might be more interested in it when I start doing commercial photography or landscape photography. But at the moment, I have to improve on my own skills first. Make do with what I have and then I can only progress onwards from there.
What will be the market’s response to this camera especially at the time of a financial crisis amidst a global recession?
- 24.5-megapixel CMOS FX format sensor
- Full resolution shooting at 5 FPS
- ISO from 100-1600 (expandable to 50-6400)
- TIFF, JPEG or NEF (RAW) file formats up to 138MB (wah lau eh! nowonder there are already 16Gb CF cards available already)
- Newly updated EXPEED image processing system
- Expected price, USD$8000.
Image gallery available here.
Other related links below.
- Official announcement by Nikon Malaysia
- 28-page PDF brochure on the Nikon D3X from Rob Galbraith’s site (its a download link)
- The World is your Studio (Nikon Imaging)